6.30.2006

What is a Photograph

In today digital environment the question must be asked: what is a photograph? Is it the paper that it is printed on? Or the computer screen that it is view upon? Or is it the hard binary data (jpeg/negative) that can be eternally reproduce from?

Do photo’s last a lifetime? What if all your photos were replaceable? Is having the jpeg/negative raw information preserved on hard disk priceless to you? I ask my clients if having a fist generation photos that can be passed down to future generation a priceless family heirloom.

Why do I choose to include all the copyright & CD-negative’s of my photography with original purchase? I do this because I believe in a digital e-comerance you should only have to buy the product once.

For expanded view see this, this, this