9.01.2009

90 Days ~ Natural Movement Conditioning ~ Week II

Part 2 of a 12 part series every Tuesday

Be strong to be useful ~ George Hebert
Eat food, mostly plants ~ Michael Pollan

Today is day 9 of my 90days. Last year my 90 days were an internal struggle. I had to fight body, mind and sprit. This 1st week has been a fluid journey of how I want to live.

Morning workouts consisted of yoga, resistance bands and meditation. Followed up with a breakfast of egg whites, veggies and way too much coffee to get my morning started.

Throughout the morning and afternoon I will eat small meals: example, 10am: small handful of raw nuts. Noon: mixed fruits and sometimes I will have a baked oatmeal and applesauce bar that “E” makes…good stuff.

Around 2pm is my main workout for the day. It is outside and includes pull-ups, push-ups and a vigorous hour hike in the woods. While in the woods I am looking to Mother Nature to be my gym. I will look for fallen trees to climb or walk on as a balance beam. Climb rocks; jump over small streams and in general do whatever my inner cave man wants to do. This workout is fun.

Next I have my main meal of the day, around 3:30, that will consist of veggies, whole grains and lots of water. At night I drink a shake that is made up of 2 egg whites, 1 banana, 1 apple and half cup of almond milk. Then hopefully eight hours of sleep, wake-up and repeat.

More to come next week…