12.01.2006

1 Year Ago

I received an e-mail last night from a cherished friend of mine letting me know that it has been 1 year to the date since I performed a concert as a professional musician. 1 year. Thankfulness and sadness fills my heart. Being a professional musician has been such an emotion of grand expectation, now with reflection it is an overwhelming memory of service and compassion.

Photography is equally a blessing of service and compassion, the awe-inspiring moments of life that I get to document and preserve are truly gifts to me. Music, the guitar, songwriting, and the audience's reaction, they are all intoxicating moments that can only be shared with my music partner. Music will always be a big part of my life and I anticipate that I will play professionally again before long, but for now the memories make me smile and I hope our cd's get played every once in a while and possibly make you smile.