1.23.2013

Cinematography & Others Random Whatnots

Rough cut, and it's my first.

Started working on a promotional film for the wife (see here) and this is my starting place.  Not too shabby, don’t you think?

Lesson learned: Pre-planning is not conversation over coffee.  Sketch it out. You can never have too much footage, especially of close ups. Racking focus takes practice.  If you have ever listened to me talk to a group of up and coming photographers I preach "never practice on game day."  Same goes for cinematography.  Licensing music can get expensive, fast.

Other random whatnots about my life:

I will be having my second show sometime in late 2013 or early 2014.  I will be having a meeting with the gallery owner next week. I have previously written about displaying my work directly to the people and bypassing the gallery route, but having a gallery owner call and offer to hold a show for me….sounds like too much fun to pass up.

Also on the gallery front, I went to Panza gallery (not the gallery that contacted me, but here's to hoping) to an exhibition titled "PLAY". If you are in PGH check it out, extremely good work...


Lastly, I have recently become addicted to vinyl albums. Quick history lesson: a vinyl album is what came after music that could only be heard if performed live but before the reel-to-reel, 8-track, cassette tape, cd, dat tap, MP3, streaming music and all other devices that have destroyed the sound quality of recorded music.  Cons of my vinyl addiction: the cost.  The pros: better sound quality and the paying off of my digital karma sins of the past 30 years.

Enjoy the show…...