9.22.2009

90 days ~ Natural Method Conditioning


Part 5 of a 12 part series every Tuesday

Be strong to be useful ~ George Hebert
Eat food, mostly plants ~ Michael Pollan

If you have been following my journey I am glad to announce that I have been healthy and alive for the past seven days.

Today is day 30 of my 90-conditioning project.

Yoga and meditation has been strong. I have nailed the crane pose into a handstand (only once so far). Poor handstand but nonetheless I held the pose strong.

On day 1 my starting weight was 161 lbs today my weight is 157lbs.

I am content with that. For the first time in my life I no longer want to lose any weight. My waistline could use toning, no six pack there. Where to go from here…nature.

I have been walking in the woods with my daughter after I pick her up from preschool. The woods are a gymnasium and my daughter is showing me why. Every fallen tree is a balancing beam and every low tree is a pull up bar, every hill is for running and every rock is for climbing. I watched her run, jump and sing out loud as she sprang her way through the woods; the jungle to her.

Walked in the woods with my wife yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks and that was great. We have been preparing meals of simple foods.

Pittsburgh autumns are beautiful. The first hints of fall colors are starting to break out. Splendid.

Till next week…