7.15.2009

Wine & Shadow

Two conversations last night – one about wine and another about a shadow. Both were about self reflection.

I was sitting in a galley space that’s exhibiting self portraits.

The photographers that I was chatting with were telling me about their self portraits that are on display. What interested me is how they talked about their photography as a human subject. Not merely flesh or thoughts of a subject, but the acting, feeling, living human individual.

I love the conceptual existential attitude they brought to their work. It was motivational. I did not enter a photo into the exhibition but I did think about it. My ego and insecurities hinder my thought process.

Both of these photos captured the human experience without being too abstract.

The exhibition: “Self Portraits” will be displayed through September 12th at Silver Eye Center for Photography – highly recommend it.