6.18.2008

Diary

Tuesday up at 5:59am, coffee, shower, more coffee, yoga, meditation, the morning routine. Prepared rice with mushrooms, sautéed vegetables for lunch, tossed in dried seaweed and pecorino romano grated cheese. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on homemade bread for breakfast. PB&J never disappoints, have you noticed that? All other sandwiches can disappoint; too dry, too many condiments, soggy vegetables, what-not.

Finished Wade Davis’ book on Indigenous cultures. I cannot wait to read more of his writing. All too often when I find an author or book that I love I immediately read a second book of the same author. Then I spend all my time reading that second book thinking that I am not enjoying it as much as the first. This time I am going to place a couple of short novels between my Wade Davis reading. A novel by Murakami, this will make my fourth or fifth novel by him followed up with “The Great Gatsby” by Fitzgerald. Then I will immerse myself back into the writing of Davis.

8 a.m., traffic, morning radio, chilly sixty degrees outside. I am completely impartial to my surroundings. Hypnotic driving – not very safe, nonetheless a made it to my destination without hurting anyone.