1.28.2008

Equipment

I am getting ready to purchase a camera. I hate to buy equipment. I get attached to the tools that I work with. There is something I love about the history in my hand when working with my camera. Why would I want to replace it? Most of my colleague photographers love to get current gear. Not me. In photography technology means nothing to me. In no way do I feel that purchasing something will make me a better photographer.

Approximately 80,000 clicks of the shutter later and its time to buy some new gear. I will be staying in the Nikon family of cameras. Being from Pittsburgh it is mandatory to purchase as many things as possible with black and gold colors embedded upon them.

What do I need in a new camera? Not much, a box that captures light, manual settings and a memory card that recycles the images fast.