9.27.2007

Coffee Shop and Eavesdropping

Being in a coffee shop leads me to eavesdropping. Eavesdropping is something that I would rather not admit to doing and I don't intentionally listen in other people's conversations...but hey if you are going to talk loud in small locality I cannot help it if I overhear and enjoy the discourse.

Today's focus as overheard from eavesdropping: finding birth parents. Normally not that interesting of a question if you are not personally involved in the subject matter of finding your birth parents, but today it is. Why? The person looking for his parents is an elderly man who is presently nearing the end of his life. Not dieing today, but in his late seventies or early eighties, near end of his life sort of way. So why search? Good chance the parents are not alive. Perhaps they are alive. That would make this very interesting subject matter, but most likely they're not.

Unfortunately as fate would have it I finished mixing milk and sugar in my coffee and walked out the front door. Come to think of it I am not a very good eavesdropper.