3.01.2006

Reflections from my desk

Upon my desk I like to keep cut outs of quotes, phrase’s and out line lists of the type of person I want to be. When something strikes a chord with me (deep down in the soul vibration type of chord) I like to save it to reflect back upon it.

I have Mother Theresa Christmas wish list (total service to others)
Wayne Teasdale nine practices to integral spirituality (non judgment). The Beatitudes of Jesus (compassion to others) I wish more people who label themselves Christian fundamentalist would practice them. (But that is a post for another day)

I have poems of Thich Nhat Hanh (peace). Thich Nhat Hanh is the writer that I would have to choose to be my favorite writer of all time. If they place me on a desert island and only gave me one book to read it would have to be “Going Home: Jesus and Buddha as Brothers”. Truly a must read for all.

I have a listing of the Seven Da Vincian Principles (embracing whole brain thinking) P.S. - I was a fan of Da Vincia before he got trendy. If was not for me embracing the Da Vincia principle I probably would not be writing these words today.

I have notes and a chart on AQAL – integral theory by Ken Wilber. (All-inclusive daily practice). Basically Wilber influence on me has done the most for my time management skills.

Lastly I have notes on fatherhood, which I feel all the above information has been a train ground.