9.24.2008

Peak Conditioning Project - week 5

Starting Weight 171 lbs.
Current Weight 165 lbs.
Height 5’9

Day 37 of my 90 days of peak conditioning project. This is what I learned.

Egg white, tomato and fresh basil sandwich for breakfast this morning. A blend of protein, carbs and vegetables, filling, tasty and satisfying this sandwich is a must try. I had an organic pale ale beer last night, little bitter but enjoyable. I slept well.

The strong focus that I am placing on whole foods are yielding less cravings for...well, anything. Conscious food preparations, correct portions and mindful eating are becoming a passion. Don’t get me wrong, while typing this I just had a fantasy about my favorite pizza. This weekend my wife will throw a family picnic. Mindfully I will do my best to enjoy the day.

Last week I wrote about my new workout that I titled “just-a-little-over-effort” workout. After two weeks of this new routine I have to say that an infomercial may be in my future. Combining strength training (resistant bands) with subtle whole body exercise (yoga) works. The first indication of lean sculpted muscle is starting to appear on my arms, shoulders and chest. Stomach still has no hint of ever becoming cut, washboard, six-pack or other dream like phrases that people call their core. Nonetheless my soft problem area is getting smaller.

For more on:Peak Condition Project (be sure to check out the side bar links)